Hi All of OSCI,
With the wind from O60 but forecast to become SE (it did) we set up for a 13 operation having the possibility of some 31 landings. Then: (all two place flights are in the L23)
1) Paul flew solo in the L23, :28, signs of lift?
2) Jerome and I worked off some of his rust, :20. It was great to see Jerome and Sally at the field again! Sally deferred flying today on account of uncooperative knees.
3) Anders flew his Russia – perhaps the second time – again successfully. :19. This was also a good thing.
4) Jay, after a briefing from Bob C. flew (I think Bob C’s Russia 904R) waving goodby to us with the tail. :17
5) Mac took former club member Rod Davis on a 4000 AGL tow. :28 Apparently Rod left us for Florida. Incomprehensible.
6) New member Tom Schaap and Bob C. flew for :33 – the day is getting better. Tom has a Private A (a while ago) and joined today after previously doing FAST flights. Welcome Tom!
7) Jay ventured aloft again in 904R and didn’t bother to wave to us. :31
8) Mike flew his (and Anders) Russia for 1+23. Notice how he graciously let his partner fly first.
9) Don and I flew a dual on the hangar flight. :37. Of course we just came down to be polite. Really.