index up to at least 9000ft and forecast cloud bases at 8500ft.  Well I decided I would work to 230pm then head out to the airport and hope for the best.  The rest of the crew had arrived much earlier and started flying at 1:15pm.  The first tow was Whit Bonifant and Jaime Alexander for Whit’s safety flight.  After they landed, Jaime went up with Donna Neff for an instruction flight.  Lift was apparent with Jaime and Donna staying up for 34 minutes.  Jim Clark was next up in the L-33 and he soared for 32 minutes.  Tom Schaap and Whit Bonifant were next up for an instruction flight.  Steve Stevens had been doing all the towing until this point but it was Steve’s turn in the L-33 and Jaime towed him up.  Steve soared for 33 minutes.  I arrived at 3:15pm and rolled my Russia to the take off line (we were operating on 31).  There were a few high based Cu around but they weren’t lasting long.  I got off tow and found a lot of sink until I finally connected with a thermal which took me to 5000ft.  While I was up Stephen Davis went up with Jaime on an instruction flight followed by Tom Schaap and Whit flying the hanger flight.  I started chasing Cu’s but found out quickly that on this day you had to head for the wisps (first hint of Cus) and not the develop ones.  Doing this I eventually made it to cloud base at 8500ft and soared for one hour and 40 minutes.  I landed and Jaime helped me tow the glider to my hanger.  So it was a nice day to fly.  The soaring forecast thermal index was quite accurate, worth leaving work a little early to explore.


It looks like week day flying will need to continue with the current forecast for Thunderstorms next Saturday.